Tuesday 17 January 2012

Custom 'painting'

So, I have finally made it, working on 3 projects at the same time was exhausting and a bit stressful...not that I didn't have fun working on them as I always do but I wouldn't like doing this just that often, I'm still just a human and day does have only 24h :) lol

I'm still not completely finished with my kid's pages but will be by tomorrow, and then I'm going back to try finish my logo designs, I have some cool ideas storming inside my head and if I don't get my hands on a piece of paper and paint soon I honestly believe they'll explode inside me (ideas, I mean) :)
Now back to this project of mine, it's custom made and I love working on such projects. I had a very tight deadline on this one and at one point I didn't think I will be able to finish it. It was one of those moments where you are going one direction and you realise there's something missing, like this work doesn't belong to you, you did it but you don't like it...it doesn't look bad but you're not happy with it...there's just something not right, you know?!

So what did I do? I boldly erased half of it (that I didn't like) not knowing what will I do and will I have enough time to repair the damage and I decided to rest from it for an hour or so. Then I started to look at some of inspirational artwork (illustrations, photos, animated movie shots...etc) and I immediately started to get one idea after the other...I just needed a fresh perspective on the whole picture and let my brain rest and feed on the imaginery food and I was back on track. Also I love doing photo referencing, nature itself is always so inspirational...and I think my lack of inspiration was caused by me being trapped indoors for days now due to deadlines and I haven't been spending time outside where real life was happening. And to make things worse, we've been having such gorgeous weather these past few days it's so painful to stay inside and work :(

Anyhow, here's my final work (just click on it to see it enlarged) inspired by this little girl's pics I received as photo reference and her personality I was told about, and she's very unique and different...so I wanted to do something different myself :)
I hope you'll like it and pls feel free to leave any comments, they're always very welcomed and appreciated! 
As always kisses from me! xxx

Ant


Antoana Oreški ©2012

Antoana Oreški ©2012




4 comments:

  1. My dearest Ant! This is just simply magical! I love the color combination as well as your composition. You have moved on to the next level of your art journey indeed! I see your style,yet combining something news in this adorable illustration that you have done! There are so much to see,and I am utterly amazed by finding new stuff each time I look at it. You have done it again,my dear friend! I am so proud of you! Your new illustration is indeed inspirational. I want to go back and draw!!!! ^____________^

    Also, it is so true about how we should all get a fresh eyes on the projects that we stuck with. I am the same way when it comes to deal with this situation. You DID it,Ant!!! I am so happy for you! I am looking forward to seeing more of your works,Ant!!! I am just simply happy for you!!! Happy happy creating art,my dear!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH goodness!! This is GORGEOUS, Antoana...I know your client will absolutely love it. It's got such great contrast, depth, concept..you are just booming! Wonderful wonderful work. Keep up the fabulous job!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my dear Antoana! I'm so happy that Pippy is Noalinn's new favorite pup. Pippy says "arf!" to her. : ) Have a lovely rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving ur comment! It's most treasured :D